Thursday, April 2, 2009

It's not awkward meeting other tweeples!

When I first starting tweeting a few weeks ago I read a post by fellow twitterers that said it was awkward when meeting those they've only known online. I thought I might feel the same way, until I went to my first TweetUP at Ken's House of Pancakes in Hilo this past week. What I found, however, were warm, wonderful, witty, and wise tweets. We immediately bonded and realized that we are stronger together than separately. I so enjoyed my time and new found friendships/business connections. I look forward to meeting fellow tweeps again. It made me realize that, although I live in the best place on earth (a.k.a. The Big Island of Hawaii), I am also in one of the most remote areas of the world. It's been hard to connect with those like-minded individuals in the outside world. Although I've only been on twitter.com for a short time , 've already forged new relationships that I hope will continue to bloom and grow!

3 comments:

  1. So glad I'm married!

    Can you imagine trying to date strangers that you meet online??? Talk about Awkward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to make it VERY clear that I am not talking about tweeple's dating. I am talking about a business/social gathering. I'm very happily married for 29 years to my high school sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope you didn't think I thought that was the occasion at all. I'm familiar with tweet ups! :) Just haven't had the time to get to one and they seem to be so rare here on the Big Island.

    When you gonna send in your "Witty" profile for the FBI blogs? Just waiting for that.

    ReplyDelete

If you are not a spammer I promise to post your comment as soon as possible